Tuesday, April 9, 2013

"I photograph trash"

There was a time when i was younger and a little healthier,  that i engaged in community as well as private trash/litter pick ups. 

I am not well enough to participate in that anymore.  But i have been photographing my very polluted city, Mountain Town.

Then, today, i googled to see if there is anything on the internet about my city being so polluted.    (and yes, cigarette butts are EVERYWHERE)

so

I found a website called litterbug.org where one can even report pollution issues like littering they have witnessed.

An area becomes even more depressed when it's dirty.  The inhabitants don't care and it becomes a vicious cycle because it's depressing to walk past so much litter each day and because the very person who throws their McD bag on the ground will likely feel sad to have to look at their dirty city each day.

Do you care about these issues as well?

No comments: