Monday, April 29, 2013

"part 2 homeless shelter"

Since Mountain Town is so small i knew many of the homeless folks.  It was particularly saddening to see the lady in the wheelchair, her life is hard enough as it is.

thank goodness 2 of the acquaintances i have a nice connection with so that helped pass some time.

I had to do yet another intake on my life situation even though i was only required to stay in shelter one night.  There are roughly 47 beds for men, and 14 for women.  There was no heat and the lights were left on all night.

I used 7 blankets and of course i never fell asleep.  The stress and the food i was forced to eat made me throw up.  I also felt very hungry and the staffer sitting near my cot ate all night.

I asked if we could have snack and they said no.  (Poor people have to ask permission to wipe their arse, as every single agency has brand new rules and one constantly has to ask permission.)

One of the women who interviewed me was m.  I asked her to please speak softly as i do not want the others to hear my situation.  She said, it doesn't matter if they hear your situation.  (in so many words this is what she said, she turned out to be really nasty and controlling)

I implored they don't put me on the floor over night.  i said, if you do, because of my disease i may get paralyzed and not be able to get back up.  (temporary paralysis is daily for me)

Dinner was pork and beans not too many veges.  I crave milk but there is only water.

The women have to go back over to the women's side by 7 p.m.  I went to the blanket area searching for a warm blanket and staff said : i don't advise you use those blankets they never get washed.

(so i didn't)

The bedding on my cot was not very clean and the sheets were left there from the last resident.  I took the old sheets to wrap up my valuables because in the lasst 20 years nearly all my possessions were stolen or vandalilzed.  I needed to carefully protect what little i have.  Staff reprimanded me and said, you are not allowed to hide your stuff in sheets.

Another consumer was ranting and upset she claimed that one of the staffr stole all of her incontinence pads.

Many consumers seems severely depressed or so angry they could kill.  All of these emotions are understandable to me.........................................more on this later.  due to the nerve damage in my hands they hurt and i need to take a break from typing.

No comments: