Saturday, April 6, 2013

"Day 5 Migraine"

So, by no means are the migraines the only challenge , but that is what i'm blogging about right now.  Yesterday i was forced to go to urgent care (not wanting to clog up emergency rooms which are over run with the poor)

They gave me a very painful shot in my arm.  It was the first time ever i have had an imitrex injection.  They put it in the most sensitive part of your upper arm.  I screammed out, and then i had a delayed reaction of crying.  They didn't see me crying for a while because i was in the patient room alone.

I think the physical pain and burning of the injection was a trigger to cry about everything that is happeniong in my life.  They are ill equipped to handle that of course.  So the nurse asked me if everything was ok (duh!)  Then offered me apple or orange juice.  Sort of what one might do for a little kid.

I was in the urgent care office for almost 3 hours.  What a waste of resources for medicare.  In lieu of them giving me enough medication each month, i ended up wastijng medicare dollars at urgent care.

I awoke with severe headache again today.............................................

No comments: