Saturday, April 6, 2013

"Karaoke bars/compare and contrast"

The spirit is willing the body is weak.  It took every ounce of my being to drag myself to karaoke on Thursday.

As always I'm thrilled that i went.  Yes, i am still in excruc.  pain, however, i am using my "god" given gift of song.  When we are using our talents and sharing our talents, in those moments life is rich!

I had been practicing and i got very exciting feedback from staff as well as patrons.

The club was well lit and classy in appearance.  Everything was on one level, and i felt perfectly safe walking away from my drink.

Staff were wonderful and friendly.  There were a group of physical therapy grad students maybe 20 or 25!  One of them was celebrating a birthday.  They invited me to sit with them , which is remarkable really!  but i felt a tad shy about being in a big group so i did not join them.  Nonetheless, nearly every song they did, they did as a group, and then asked me to join wit them! 

There was also a drag queen in attendance.  I got a great pic of him/her dancing.  She was wearing the red vinyl boots that come up over the knee, and she was very tall!

The jukebox did double duty as a karaoke machine.  Oddly, the bartender had to keep feeding the machine bills, so that we could keep singing.  Also, oddly, you would type in your selection and it would say something to the effect of "there are 250 choices!)  (None of them would be the one you wanted)

At the other place where i normally go do karaoke, you just tell the dj what u want to sing and in nearly every case he can get it.  And i learned today, that he has been hosting karaoke for 12 years!  His sidekick the sound guy has been there even longer!

You also have the opportunity to look thru a looseleaf binder of songs but the print is small and hard to see.

Where i was on thursday, nobody would get up to dance until i did the song "More more more by the andrea true connection!

Whereas my normal karaoke spot there are lots of dancers and dancing all night long.

I have to say overall, that my original spot for karaoke wins out slightly over where i went the other day.

BTW  i did

more more more
first time ever i saw your face
saturday night  by bay city rollers
angel by sara mclaughlin
and midnight blue by melissa manchester

It really is amazing how certain things can transfer me to joy no matter how horrible i usually feel!

No comments: