Friday, July 12, 2013

"Obsessing about the guy in jail"

I have been analyzing this to death.  I told u that one of the first people to introduce himself to me, is now in jail for causing 7 mountain town fires.  I guess I should research the psychology behind arsons.

No question he is seriously mentally ill and now I'm wondering if he has ever incurred a brain injury.

When I tried to talk to him in 2011 (in person) his thoughts were very disorganized and he couldn't stay on subject.

His moods changed fast and without due cause.  He can't keep his clothes laundered and couldn't even follow through when I told him how to get a free phone.

I will go to his trial in August.  It will be a non jury trial (I assume because he was caught in the act)

No question I have more of a bond with him then I realized.  Oddly, I don't feel angry with him, because I know the good stuff about him and because I know that brain injuries and mental illness especially combined really can change a person.

He will likely be behind bars for a very long time.  I think that's good because I consider him to be a danger to society.

I "pray" that there is hope for rehabilitation.

No comments: