Wednesday, March 11, 2015

born in the wild mother Linda king

in the first maybe 10 minutes of the show my thinking was well I don't see why not? What's wrong with giving birth in the wild if that is indeed the way our ancestors used to do it. I initially was thinking about how similar I was to Linda when I was in my early or pardon me when I was in my late twenties. I was definitely adventurous and probably would have considered the same thing.

But when the tent came down and the winds picked up and they weren't getting any sleep and they were both miserable I was shocked that she gave up and wanted to go home.

It's understandable that she would want to be rested and comfortable but I was still shocked that she went home.

When she insisted that her husband drag her back to the campsite to give birth that's when I thought that she was being unfair. They are both driving up there he speeding he has one hand on the wheel he's distracted and he is endangering other people on the road. She is putting him through so much stress he does not want to be the one to have to deliver the baby, yeah so after maybe the first 10 minutes of the show as far far as I was concerned the show really went south and I quickly realized all of the challenges that are presented with having your child in the wild.

1 comment:

Doula, Linda said...

to answer an implied question. I went to the tent location from my house because all of the midwife's and my birth supplies were there. That tent location is also where I told her I would meet her and since my labor was going so fast I thought I would move fast and get to where she would be. (all of the monitoring equipment was there as well)

If you would like to know more about the story here it is. naturalchildbirthing.org (under blog& birth stories). Let me know if you have any other questions :)