Monday, December 17, 2007

A Change of Management at La Pew

About a week ago, I got a letter under my door, stating that there has been a change of management/ownership at La Pew. It "welcomed" the team. What it stated by omission is that 3 of the 6 bad apples on the management team are now gone. One of the 2 maintenance men who is burglarizing me is still here.

There isn't a chance in hell of having a good or normal life at La Pew or in Baltimore. However, I will give the new team a chance. Unfortunately, the 2 female managers based in my bldg. are still employed. However, the woman over them, is new. The new owners are in Georgia.

Unlike the old management team in GA, this new owner, returned within a day. She's also in email communication with me. Rather than lay out every single problem, I am just going to share one at a time with her. Right now, safety. That is my top worry.

I'm hoping that she will launch an investigation into the burglaries and that the remaining maint. man will be fired. I also hope that they do a very thorough background check on any new maint. men. (I've expressed these thoughts through email) In the meantime, I will continue my search for a healthier home. This is no small feat as you've heard from me before.

I still have to hide my last remaining valuables around the apt. everytime I leave, even if only for an hour. I doubt that I'd ever feel safe at La Pew, but for today, I am there, and I want to give this new owner a chance and see if they really mean it when they say in their letter that they want us to be happy at "La Pew."

No comments: