Monday, December 17, 2007

January, 1998 "Getting There" The 1986 Honda Accord

I was initially very excited when Sandra donated her Honda Accord to me in 1/98. But the reality is, these older cars aren't really free at all. Within 2 months of her gift to me, the car needed about 2k in repairs! So for the life of the car, it was on the road, off the road, on the road , off the road, because I wasn't earning enough to keep it on the road and safe. Here is the "poem" I wrote to her shortly after her donation.

FOR SANDRA,

I'M BACK ON THE ROAD

HURRY, HURRY

WITH A BRAND NEW SET

OF WORRY, WORRIES

WHERE TO PARK

MAINTENANCE FEES

DESPITE IT ALL

I'M FULL OF GLEE

WITH A NEW LEASE ON LIFE

I'LL BLOW MY PIPE

AND JOIN

THE HARRIED MAINSTREAM!


FROM YOUR FUNNY FRIEND ELANA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.