Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"Young woman nearly beaten to death on bus"

Here is a rough idea of the letter I plan to submit today regarding last weeks bus beating of a white female 26 year old in Hampden on bus #27. (which I have taken in the past and made journal entries for)

Wiedenfield =one of the reps. for MTA (I'm not sure which rep. I ll have to find out so I can write a more informed letter to editor)

Dixon=Baltimore City's mayor

Dear Letter to Editor,

The day Kreager was beaten on the #27 bus, I heard this approxiate report on the news: " Kids were jumping in front of seats telling the young woman, "these seats are reserved!" The first things that went through my head was "Kreager must be white, I'm very accustomed to seeing these acts of intimidation on buses and trains. Most likely this is a hate crime."

But most Baltimoreans don't encounter reverse racism in their day to day activities. I encounter it daily and absolutely do not feel safe on Baltimore's buses and trains, or at most stops because I am a minority white. I'm very glad that this incident on the #27 is being investigated as a hate crime.

Dixon and Wiedenfield's public comments that "Baltimore's buses are safe" is incredibly naieve.

"Baltimore, if you have the financial means to own and operate a private vehicle, I highly recommend you stay there!"

No comments: