Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Letter to the Editor/USA Today

I never really understood what people meant when they said that "America is a free country!

I surely don't feel free.  But now I'm beginning to get it. I recently read some literature on life in the Middle East, and whenever possible I try to engage foreigners in conversations about why they chose to move to the U.S.

Hard to believe that there are so many places that don't grant freedom of speech. Now that I realize how precious that freedom is (and I love to write) you will see more letters to the editor from me. Mostly to the Baltimore Sun, and the City Paper, but occasionally to other publications as well. I will do my best to post the letters on my website, so you don't have to go looking for them in the papers. That way, whether they publish my letter or not, you'll get to read what I'm writing. For the most part, my letters will be comments on articles about u.s. transit, homelessness, poverty, hunger, and any other social issues that I feel passionate about.

If you wish, keep your eyes open to USA Today, hopefully they will print my letter re: their article on "Transportation options very limited for America's seniors."

No comments: