Thursday, December 20, 2007

"Venus"

I have seen this woman on television twice now. Once on the Ellen Degeneres show, and once on Jay Leno. She was Miss America in '44 ish. Now she's about 82. Have you heard about this woman? On Leno, she said something to the effect of "Well, I shot the tires instead of shooting the men, or I would have gone to prison."

I love that!

So the story is that Venus lives on a farm. One day, 2 men were stealing supplies out of her shed. She drives over, blocks them in with her truck, and shoots out the tires! (I have a special affinity for strong women!)

So, Jay Leno asks her what skills she used during the Miss America contest. She says: "I sang and danced, you know I shake a mean hip!"

Leno-"So, who taught you how to shoot?!"

Venus-"I'M FROM KENTUCKY!"

No comments: