Thursday, December 27, 2007

"To buy or not to buy a wallet"

This is the dilemma I faced 3 weeks ago. I've been wanting a wallet for some time. 

When I was mugged in 1/83 my pocketbook and wallet were taken.

 But 3 weeks ago at Wal-Blue , I stood there mentally going through this grueling dilemma

. Because with the streets being so dangerous, there's just too great a chance my wallet will be stolen if I buy one. Vicky's friend (vicky is the Big Bucks clerk) had her wallet stolen in broad daylight in Baltimore.  When V. called the cops, they told her,"if you dont want to get robbed then you have no business carrying a wallet!" (talk about compassion!)

So, I decided to go ahead and buy the wallet, but now I'm afraid to put anything in it!

Right after I posted the photo at the University last week, I popped up to the librarian's desk, and while I was there, my wallet, (i.d., health insurance, and bus pass) were stolen. I didn't realize they were "stolen" until I got home, as I thought initially I had lost it. When I tried to make a report to the University, they told me they couldn't make a report over the phone. I told them I had no transportation to get back to the campus.

Seems pointless to acquire anything!

No comments: