Thursday, December 27, 2007

"Settling in for: "Countdown to Elmo's Christmas" Special!

(I'm a huge sesame street fan)

So, 10 minutes before the special begins on the night of 12/23/07 , my toilet begins overflowing (clean water the whole time thank goodness) I did not realize you can just turn the water off. I just kind of hoped it would stop. I'm in "flood mode" I have to get all electric appliances away from the water, everything off of bedroom and bathroom floor. I've never experienced an honest to goodness flood indoors. For the next 12 hours, I just stayed up all night and worried. I can't call maintenance, because of the stealing and harrassment. I call the chatline the next morning (the 24th) just so happens that my acquaintance (a carpenter) is on the chatline. I tell him of the problem and he instructs me to go turn off the water. The knob won't budge. He drives over and turns off the water! One third of my bedroom is flooded, but the water did not come into contact with any of my wood furniture thank goodness. There was no material loss. I'm in day 5 of no working toilet, as I wait and pray that HUD will find and send someone safe to replace my toilet.

So "Merry Bleepin' Christmas" to you too!

No comments: