Thursday, December 20, 2007

NEWEST PHOTO POSTED/ELANA IN '04

"EVERY PICTURE TELLS A STORY, STORY"

(DO YOU KNOW THAT SONG?)

In 11/04, I found a barter for rent situation for 3 months in Lafayette, IN. Because I didn't have to pay rent that month, I decided to go get some professional portraits done at Tippecanoe Mall. (no joke, I was living in Tippecanoe County.)

So, I go get these portraits taken. A week later I go and pick them up, driving to the mall in my Mercury "jalopy." On the way back from picking up the photos, which are in the backseat, my car breaks down. I have to get it towed to the mechanic. I forget about the photos. The windows were cracked slightly, I forgot that too. Lafayette gets an unbelievable amount of ice in the next week. By the time I go to rescue the car, I see that the photos are in the flooded backseat! (My photos are survivors just like me) I bring the pics home, and lay them out over the bathtub to dry out, and pray that they aren't ruined.

Remarkably, I guess because of the type of paper used on a professional portrait, other than a few wrinkles, all photos had survived!

As you can see, I will never run out of stories! To see the latest photo, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Didn't see a photo at the bottom of the post!