Tuesday, May 14, 2013

"Can't you JUST TAKE THE BUS?!"

God forbid, you an American, should ever admit that you need help from another human being for ANYTHING!

It is very rare for me to ask for a ride.  But busses are grueling and it is not uncommon for me to spend up to 5 hours a day in transit.

Today, i asked for help with just a one way trip home from an event tonight..  Woman 1 said: "Aren't there busses?  can't u JUST TAKE THE BUS?!"

I replied:  "The point is not whether or not there is public transportation.  The point is that it is gruelingly complicated, they don't run late, and women in Mountain Town should not be out after dark alone!"

She said, "I had no idea, i have never been on the busses!"

Another woman chimed in and said "Elana is absolutely right.  this is no town for a woman to be out after dark!"

So, they are going to try to get me a ride somehow, home from tonight's event.

No comments: