Tuesday, May 28, 2013

"Male physicians HATE educated female patients"

On Saturday I went to urgent care because my toenail had become infected.  The day before,  I went to the library to research the issue, so I would be educated by the time I went to urgent care.

Dr. Greene* introduced himself to me with a handshake( which you know I always dread).  He must have squeezed my hand as hard as he could.  I said "OWWWW  that really hurt!"  (He did not apologize)

When I  told him I had gone to the library to research the problem, in a very condescending tone he says:

"Why would you go to the LIBRARY when most people would have just googled it on their laptop!

"I said "I did google it, but I don't OWN a computer!"

(The nurse and the medical assistant were perfect angels, thank goodness)

The Dr. left the room, and I asked the nurse to treat me like a delicate child because of my nerve damage.

Well,  apparently all the Dr. heard me say was: "Treat me like a delicate child!"

Dr. Greene said:  YOU WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE A DELICATE FLOWER?!  MY DOBERMAN PINSCHER IS A DELICATE FLOWER!

Readers, all I can say is:

WTF?!

No comments: