Thursday, May 30, 2013

"Retail Hell"

So, I'm at the deli and I tell the clerk the following:"  It used to be that your chicken breast was the best in Mountain Town.  But the last time I got it it was dried up and pretty gross.  At that time I did not ask for my money back. 

Today, I'm going to order the same thing but, if it's dried out I am going to ask for my money back."

clerk: "WELL THE CHICKEN WE HAVE IN THE CASE RIGHT NOW IS PRETTY BAD!  SO YOU SHOULD WAIT FOR THE NEXT BATCH!  It will be out in about 8 minutes.

me-"o.k."

So 8 minutes passes and he says just give me one more minute.  He puts the breast on the plate and it looks fantastic.  When I cut into it it was very juicy and white UNTIL I see that in the center it's fleshy and uncooked.  I cannot believe it.  I ask to speak to a manager.

clerk 2-"There aren't any managers can I help you"

I explain to him the scenario and he makes excuses for the cook.  I show him the chicken and he says:

"Well, that cook is a very good employee and I'm sure he followed the correct cooking instructions!"

me-"Would you eat this?"

clerk 2 "No maam I would not!"  "How about I give you a free $5.00 gift card to our store?"

Reader this makes me think about activist movements where instead of the problem getting fixed, the activist is offered something else to appease them, basically to shut them up!

No comments: