Tuesday, March 19, 2013

"Customer Dis-service/retail hell"

Today has been full of incidences that i am sure u will enjoy hearing about.  Because of time constraints i will put just one today.

Manager at "convenience store" came up to me this a.m. when i was having my coffee he said:

"can you do me a favor"

"yes" i said

"every time you come in here you leave things behind"

(i always throw out my trash!)

me-"are u sure it's me"

him-"yes!"  "It's not a big deal or anything but you leave a sugar pack or something like that"

(being a good little doobie i pull my social work skills out of my hat)

me-"and every little bit helps!"

him-"yes!  thank you"

(the workers at this store treat folks from the shelter differently, and they know i used to stay at the shelter, nonetheless, i feel i have earned their respect!)

I tell this anecdote to the barista at starbucks who is absolutely lovely.  I tell her that "if starbuckschased down every customer who ever left something on the table, starbucs would have zero customers!  She laughed and thought the whole thing was ludicrous!

No comments: