Thursday, March 7, 2013

"Karaoke and Dance Night"

Although i am wracked with pain and only sleep a few minutes a night, i suspected that if i could get myself over to karaoke i would not regret it.

The minute i "crossed the threshold" i knew i made the right decision.  It was packed with dancers and singers from every walk of life and from all over the world.

I met a group from Sydney

a group from Melbourne

a group of Brits

a group from seattle

a guy from alabama

a 21 year old hawaiian celebrating her birthday.......

I danced alot and sang just 3 songs.  Made amazing connections.  Danced til close and went to bed at 4 a.m. with a huge smile on my face.

the feed back i got from being on stage (i always dance when i get up to sing)

you were solid gold

you were money

what a stage presence

love those dance moves

love your energy

what a voice.

(btw, i was wracked with pain the entire night i was out)

I can only remember 2 of the 3 songs i did


car wash
and mad world by gary jules

The last time i had a night out like this was a year and a half ag.
btw the group from sydney asked me if i would like to travel with them!  I told them i was honored and would love that but i'm a tad tied down right now

No comments: