Saturday, March 30, 2013

"Female Hitchiking"

So today was one of the most awkward rides i've had.  But it's worth it.  If you compare it to the stress of being hit on by a drunk man earlier today on the bus, i'd rather have the stress of hitchin.

I told the lady i was going west.  She said, well we are but we are only going downtown.  I said, that is where i'm going.  She hesitated so i said:  "It's fine to say no to me!"

"She said, well ok but you'll have to ride in the front.  Very expensive car very cushy.  The entire trip took 5 minutes.

They asked me where i'm going and when i told them they  repeated it as if it were unbelievable.

But it hurts to walk, and i'm probably particularly weak because i've been so many days without sleep, so i'm grateful for the ride as it saves me a boatload of walking time, and the stressors of Mountain Town's extremely pedestrian unfriendly sidewalks.

No comments: